- Jacob Heatherly continues to impress this spring
- 2017 MLB Draft: Profiles on top prospects
- Austin Jones thriving, moving up draft boards
- Hunter Greene won’t pitch the rest of the season
- Clarke Schmidt out for the year with elbow injury
- CJ Van Eyk bursts onto the scene
- 2017 MLB Draft: Mock Draft 3.0
- MLB Draft Mailbag: Rising draft prospects
- Ricardo De La Torre receives advice from pro players
- Bubba Thompson focused on team’s success
Panthers look for first true road win of season
- Updated: December 27, 2014
Milwaukee Panthers (5-8) vs. South Dakota Coyotes (5-8)
Location: DakotaDome – Vermillion, S.D.
Time: 2:00 p.m. CST
Broadcast: Radio – WISN-AM1130
In their final nonconference game of the season, the Milwaukee Panthers will attempt to win their first true road game, when they square off against the South Dakota Coyotes on Sunday afternoon.
The Coyotes got off to a slow start this season, dropping their first five games, but since then they have rebounded, winning five of their last eight contests.
Leading their offensive attack are guards Brandon Bos (16.7 ppg, 4.2 rpg) and Tyler Larson (15.5 ppg, 8.2 rpg), and they are the only two players averaging in double figures in scoring for South Dakota. Overall, the Coyotes have averaged 70.9 points per game on 40.8 percent shooting.
Defense will be key for the Panthers as they try to halt their two-game losing skid. When Milwaukee wins, they are only allowing 55.8 points per game; however, they are surrendering an average of 78.1 points per game in losses.
These two teams are relatively similar in size and talent, and expect this game to be close the entire afternoon. Milwaukee will need to avoid long scoring droughts while dominating the rebounding battle in order to have a shot at finishing their nonconference schedule off on a positive note.