- Jacob Heatherly continues to impress this spring
- 2017 MLB Draft: Profiles on top prospects
- Austin Jones thriving, moving up draft boards
- Hunter Greene won’t pitch the rest of the season
- Clarke Schmidt out for the year with elbow injury
- CJ Van Eyk bursts onto the scene
- 2017 MLB Draft: Mock Draft 3.0
- MLB Draft Mailbag: Rising draft prospects
- Ricardo De La Torre receives advice from pro players
- Bubba Thompson focused on team’s success
Panthers begin road trip against the Cougars
- Updated: December 19, 2014
Milwaukee Panthers (5-6) vs. SIU Edwardsville Cougars (1-7)
Location: Vadalabene Center – Edwardsville, Ill.
Time: 6:30 p.m. CST
Broadcast: Radio – WISN-AM1130
Milwaukee will spend the final weeks of December on the road, as they begin a five-game road trip at SIU Edwardsville on Saturday evening, in search of their first true road win of the season.
The Panthers have had great success against the Cougars in the past, holding an 8-4 advantage in the series which dates back to the 1970-71 season. These two programs haven’t met since January 5, 2010, when the Panthers were able to secure an 83-73 victory in Edwardsville, Ill.
SIU Edwardsville will now attempt to knock off the Panthers, to pick up just their second win of the season and snap their seven-game losing streak. Leading the Cougar offensive attack is guard Kris Davis, who is averaging 16.5 points per contest, while Donivine Steward has chipped in 12.9 points per game.
Milwaukee is coming off of a complete performance against Montana that saw them win convincingly, 73-58, as they displayed great balance offensively and played solid defense the entire game.
Getting off to a quick start against the Cougars and continuing to make Matt Tiby and J.J. Panoske focal points in the offense, will be important in order to take control of the momentum and the lead early. If they are able to do this, while playing strong defense, they will have an excellent chance at winning their first true road game of the season.