- Jacob Heatherly continues to impress this spring
- 2017 MLB Draft: Profiles on top prospects
- Austin Jones thriving, moving up draft boards
- Hunter Greene won’t pitch the rest of the season
- Clarke Schmidt out for the year with elbow injury
- CJ Van Eyk bursts onto the scene
- 2017 MLB Draft: Mock Draft 3.0
- MLB Draft Mailbag: Rising draft prospects
- Ricardo De La Torre receives advice from pro players
- Bubba Thompson focused on team’s success
Packers vs. Jaguars: Preview and Prediction
- Updated: September 11, 2016
When: Noon Sunday
Where: EverBank Field – Jacksonville, Fla.
Series: Packers lead, 3-2
Line: Packers by 5 1/2
Weather: Low 90s, partly cloudy
Regular season football is finally here, and the Green Bay Packers will open the year on the road, as they face the up-and-coming Jacksonville Jaguars.
Although the Jaguars went 5-11 a year ago, this won’t be an easy game for the Packers. Not only will the Packers have to deal with the scorching Florida heat, with an estimated high of 92 degrees in Jacksonville, but they’ll also have to face a young team with a chip on their shoulder.
Expectations are high for the Jags this season as they feature a talented defense and a dynamic offense led by third-year quarterback Blake Bortles and wide receiver Allen Robinson.
With Aaron Rodgers at quarterback and the return of WR Jordy Nelson from injury, the Packers should have one of the league’s most explosive offenses this season.
The Packers need to establish the run early and control the time of possession if they want to start off the season with a victory. But, if the Jags defense can step up and slow down the Pack, it will be a different story.
This game will be close, but the Packers should find a way to squeeze out a victory.
Prediction: Packers 31, Jaguars 24
Who do you think wins – the Packers or Jaguars? Leave your thoughts and prediction below.