- Austin Jones thriving, moving up draft boards
- Hunter Greene won’t pitch the rest of the season
- Clarke Schmidt out for the year with elbow injury
- CJ Van Eyk bursts onto the scene
- 2017 MLB Draft: Mock Draft 3.0
- MLB Draft Mailbag: Rising draft prospects
- Ricardo De La Torre receives advice from pro players
- Bubba Thompson focused on team’s success
- Andrew Papantonis perseveres through injuries
- MLB Draft Mailbag: Houston lefty Seth Romero
Packers vs. Giants: Preview and Prediction
- Updated: January 8, 2017
When: 4:40 p.m. EST Sunday
Where: Lambeau Field – Green Bay, Wis.
Series: Packers lead, 32-26-2
Line: Packers by 5
Earlier in the season, the Green Bay Packers knocked off the New York Giants, 23-16, at home. However, the Giants have a history of success in the playoffs at Lambeau Field recently.
Eli Manning led the Giants into Lambeau and beat the Packers on their way to winning the Super Bowl in 2007 and 2011. Even though the Packers are riding a six-game winning streak, don’t be surprised if the Giants end the Packers season once again.
New York’s defense has allowed 10 points or fewer in three of its last four games and is second in the NFL, allowing just 17.8 points per game.
While Aaron Rodgers is performing at a MVP caliber level, the Packers defense has struggled, especially against the pass. Green Bay’s secondary has to make plays and create turnovers if they want to win.
Expect the Giants and Manning to exploit the Packers depleted and underperforming secondary. Despite their incredible run to make the postseason, the Packers will make another early playoff exit.
Prediction: Giants 24, Packers 20