- Jacob Heatherly continues to impress this spring
- 2017 MLB Draft: Profiles on top prospects
- Austin Jones thriving, moving up draft boards
- Hunter Greene won’t pitch the rest of the season
- Clarke Schmidt out for the year with elbow injury
- CJ Van Eyk bursts onto the scene
- 2017 MLB Draft: Mock Draft 3.0
- MLB Draft Mailbag: Rising draft prospects
- Ricardo De La Torre receives advice from pro players
- Bubba Thompson focused on team’s success
Milwaukee fails to get past SIU Edwardsville
- Updated: December 20, 2014
It was a back-and-forth contest the entire evening, but the Milwaukee Panthers struggled to find a rhythm offensively, eventually falling to SIU Edwardsville 61-56. The Cougars were able to overcome a three-point halftime deficit to pick up just their second win of the season.
Matt Tiby finished with a team-high 16 points and grabbed nine rebounds, while Steve McWhorter recorded a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds. J.J. Panoske added 12 points on the night.
The Panthers (5-7) shot only 31.7 percent (20-63) from the floor, including a disappointing 14.3 percent (3-21) from three-point territory.
In the first half the Panthers missed all eight of their three-point attmepts, and despite their struggles from behind the arc and leading for the majority of the second half, they continued to launch up threes. In the end, this is what sealed their fate.
Milwaukee returns to the court on Monday evening against the challenging Arkansas Razorbacks in Fayetteville, Ark. with tipoff scheduled for 8 p.m. This game can be watched on ESPNU.