- 2017 MLB Draft: Profiles on top prospects
- Austin Jones thriving, moving up draft boards
- Hunter Greene won’t pitch the rest of the season
- Clarke Schmidt out for the year with elbow injury
- CJ Van Eyk bursts onto the scene
- 2017 MLB Draft: Mock Draft 3.0
- MLB Draft Mailbag: Rising draft prospects
- Ricardo De La Torre receives advice from pro players
- Bubba Thompson focused on team’s success
- Andrew Papantonis perseveres through injuries
Cleveland Browns select Johnny Manziel
- Updated: May 8, 2014
Johnny Manziel will be taking his talents to Cleveland! After months of anticipation and speculation the Cleveland Browns have drafted Johnny Football with the 22nd overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.
Manziel, 21, has been one of the most talked about draft prospect in recent memory, as he possesses a level of confidence and swagger that so few have. The former Texas A&M dual quarterback star also brings a resume that few can beat.
In two seasons at College Station he accumulated 7,820 passing yards with 63 passing touchdowns and only 22 interceptions. When Manziel would tuck the ball and run, he was just as dangerous compiling 30 rushing TDs and 2,169 rushing yards.
The Browns had to surrender a third-round pick to move up four spots to the 22nd selection. Manziel gives the Browns a desperate spark at the quarterback position, something they have been searching for for years.
Manziel has all the talent in the world to be one of the top quarterbacks in the league, now it will be on the Browns to help polish his skills while providing him with enough weapons to be successful.
Time will tell if the Browns made the right decision drafting the former Heisman Trophy winner, but right now they hit a home run. Manziel is a proven winner, and hopefully his winning attitude can rub off on the rest of the Browns’ franchise.